New - Evening Lectures and Dark Skies Walk
All walks are booking-up fast and some are almost full...
SATURDAY MAY 4th:
• Offa's Dyke Path Challenge Walk 19 miles - coach to start.
• Castle, Cliffs and Big Views
8 miles with our Guide Book writer and historian.
• Nordic Walking FREE -
The changing faces of Llangollen.
• Lecture Evening Illustrated Talks evening.
SUNDAY MAY 5th:
• Wilderness Walk 15 miles -
Steam Train Ride back.
• Steam Train Ride and Dee
Valley meander 8 miles.
• Dark Sky Walk with AONB staff ALMOST FULL.
MONDAY MAY 6th:
• 5 Ugly Sisters Walk 14 miles -
bus to start point.
• World Heritage Site Walk to the wonderful Pontcysyllte Aqueduct 8 miles
If the word lectures sounds posh just think of it as an evening of illustrated talks, that's much more friendly.
Even more friendly, IT'S FREE, and the talks will be held in The Bridge End Hotel, grab a drink on your way in!
• Our walking adventure Talk:
A local man's Amazing Trek from North Wales to Kyrgyzstan - "What started out as a holiday after university turned into a two year walk from Wales to Kyrgyzstan."
• David Crane our local history expert and guide book writer from the Llangollen Museum sharing his knowledge of Llangollen's people, landscape and history.
Walking Holiday in the Dolomites, Italy is FULL...
Many of you already know that we guide for Secret Hills Walking Holidays in the Italian Dolomites Val di Fassa and Schladming, Austria… the Dolomites holiday is now FULL however there are still some places available in Austria...
truly fantastic mountain walking, book early, limited places.
• Our friends from Camino Ways will be sharing stories from the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, trek in Spain and how you can make your dream trek to Santiago come true.
• The AONB will be informing us of their exciting projects across the region including there Dark Skies Project and 'Our Picturesque Landscape' project.
• PLUS - Our friends from LEKI Walking Poles have given us a pair of their great trekking poles to raffle during the evening PLUS other prizes from our supporters - all proceeds going to Nightingale House Hospice.
Reminder: in 2019 all our walks (not including the Dark Skies Walk) will start from the Cottage Tea Rooms & Bistro in Castle Street (the High Street to you and me) lots of Yummy food and lovely coffee plus, packed lunches will be available -
contact them direct on
01978 860393 the day before your walk or as soon as you get there to sign-on.
Help us Support a Local Charity...
In 2019 we are proud to be supporting and donating to Nightingale House Hospice in Wrexham.
The staff, volunteers and hospice as a whole provide amazing support to a great number of patients and their families... we are very proud to support them. If you wish to donate just visit their web site or buy a raffle ticket at our 'Evening Lectures' on Saturday MAY 4th - you could WIN LEKI Walking Poles! and other fab goodies which have been supplied by our various sponsors.
FREE: also over the weekend we have -
If you wish unsubscribe to our Llangollen Walking Festival Newsletter please email us at: hello@TREKsmart.net